I've created music for over thirty games, including visual novels Starlight Vega and Grand Old Academy, the Thorne action-RPG series and the hotly anticipated puzzle-defense game Goblin Pest Control. I can work in just about any style, and my passion is to tailor the perfect sound to meet the tone, atmosphere and story of your game. Let me know what you're looking for using the form at the bottom of the page and I'll be happy to demo some ideas for you.
CirclesAn ambient piece that slowly builds for an hypnotic, mysterious feel. Built with processed and transformed piano and guitar tones.
Beneath a Blue MoonA gentle, nostalgic piece blending the comforting tones of the original Game Boy with piano, guitar and a traditional Chinese pipa.
With Bated BreathAn expressive, spiritual theme with Xiao (Chinese wind instument), Guzheng (plucked strings), orchestral strings and soft backing vocals.
Tall GrassA restrained, cinematic piece suited to a post apocalyptic setting. Electric guitar leads, accompanied by soft piano and string textures.
Welcome to Grand Old AcademyA happy, cheerful background piece for visual novel Grand Old Academy. Featuring cheery guitar, dusty wurlitzer and a breezy beat.
Spirit WorldAn ambient piece that moves between several minimal evolving themes for the spirit world in upcoming stealth game Covert Pizza Delivery.
Love ThemeA light level theme for an upcoming pixel-art puzzle platformer combining orchestral instruments, synths, chiptune and hand percussion.
HostA claustrophobic, synth-led sci-fi cue. The heartbeat is a filtered drumbeat, while synth and effected instruments provide the strange timbres.
VioletsThe title theme for the beautiful visual novel Starlight Vega. Harp and violin lead, with light orchestral backup for an inspiring, romantic feel.
Toast n' GhostsA weird little janky track for campfires and ghost stories. Guitar, typewriter, and various spookies peppered throughout.
Elevator Muzak 20XXFuturistic elevator muzak, because why not? Various blissed out keyboards and synths riffing over a brushed, jazzy pseudo-breakbeat.
The Lost City Of ZImmerse yourself in a B-movie jungle, with lo-fi production and a loose, hand-played style. Dusty wurlitzer, hand percussion, double bass and guitar.
I create music using acoustic, orchestral and world instruments, various keyboards, synths, found sound, chopped and transformed vocal and percussion samples and sometimes all of the above. I play several instruments and have a degree in Music Technology, and in my spare time I also develop my own games, which gives me a helpful insight into your end of the process. Above all else I love to innovate and experiment.
I've worked with many clients over the years, and developed a smooth, flexible process. I pride myself on being flexible, reliable and easy to work with. Here are some of my key values:
- Versatile sound - I have a vast array of sounds at my fingertips and am versed in many styles, so I should be able to deal with any brief you can throw at me.
- Reasonable pricing - The cost of my work depends on your needs, but I always keep my prices reasonable as I love being able to work on interesting indie projects. I can offer various exclusivity options to suit most budgets.
- Flexible pace - Whether you're a studio who need a soundtrack completed quickly for an upcoming release or a hobbyist on a tight budget who wants to order a track every couple of months, I can work at your pace.
- Plain sailing - I'll demo ideas for you throughout the process so we can make sure we're always on the same page and working towards the same goal.
- End-to-end process - I can create, mix and master my work to a high standard - the music on this page was performed, produced and engineered entirely by me. Of course if you need me to work with other audio professionals I can do that too.
- Clear communication - We'll communicate regularly through email or Skype so you're always in the loop.
Let's talk about it!
I always love hearing about people's creative projects, and I'd love to demo some ideas for yours. Whether you're ready to hire a composer, you need to know more, or you'd just like to make contact, you can send me a quick message using this form or email me at .