I've created music for over thirty games (including Starlight Vega, Turtles of Destiny and the Thorne series) in many different styles, working with each client to find the perfect sound to meet the tone, atmosphere and story of their game. I can work in just about any style and I love trying new things, so let me know what you're looking for using the form below and I'll be happy to demo some ideas for you.
These selected tracks showcase some of the styles I work in. Some of them have videos I made for fun; all footage is either in the public domain or used with the kind permission of the content creators.
CirclesAn ambient piece that slowly builds for an hypnotic, mysterious feel. Built with processed and transformed piano and guitar tones.
The Lost City Of ZImmerse yourself in a B-movie jungle, with lo-fi production and a loose, hand-played style. Dusty wurlitzer, hand percussion, double bass and guitar.
Miami City 198XA punchy, swaggering retro synthwave track created using the soundchips from various classic Nintendo and Sega game consoles.
Tall GrassA restrained, cinematic piece suited to a post apocalyptic setting. Electric guitar leads, accompanied by soft piano and string textures.
Spirit WorldAn ambient piece that moves between several minimal evolving themes for the spirit world in upcoming stealth game Covert Pizza Delivery.
Love ThemeA light level theme for an upcoming pixel-art puzzle platformer combining orchestral instruments, synths, chiptune and hand percussion.
HostA claustrophobic, synth-led sci-fi cue. The heartbeat is a filtered drumbeat, while synth and effected instruments provide the strange timbres.
VioletsThe title theme for the beautiful visual novel Starlight Vega. Harp and violin lead, with light orchestral backup for an inspiring, romantic feel.
Bubblegum Disaster Party!An upbeat, cheerful piece with an anime / beach party/ New Orleans feel. Featuring keyboard, synth, percussion, flute, violin, and accordian.
Elevator Muzak 20XXFuturistic elevator muzak, because why not? Various blissed out keyboards and synths riffing over a brushed, jazzy pseudo-breakbeat.
Hero's DawnAn epic fantasy theme with an RPG/adventure feel. Various orchestral instruments, military percussion and soaring Middle Eastern strings.
OvergrownA downbeat, emotional piece. Piano-led with orchestral strings for texture, and raw production values to give a harsher, more intimate feel.
I create music using acoustic, orchestral and world instruments, various keyboards, synths, found sound, chopped and transformed vocal and percussion samples and sometimes all of the above. I play several instruments and have a degree in Music Technology, and in my spare time I also develop my own games, which gives me a helpful insight into your end of the process. Above all else I love to innovate and experiment.
I've worked with many clients over the years, and developed a smooth, flexible process. I pride myself on being flexible, reliable and easy to work with. Here are some of my key values:
- Versatile sound - I have a vast array of sounds at my fingertips and am versed in many styles, so I should be able to deal with any brief you throw at me.
- Reasonable pricing - The cost of my work depends on your needs, but I always keep my prices reasonable as I love being able to work on interesting indie projects.
- Flexible pace - Whether you're a studio need a soundtrack completed quickly for an upcoming release or a hobbyist on a tight budget who just wants to order a track every couple of months, I can work at your pace.
- Plain sailing - I'll demo ideas for you throughout the process so we can make sure we're always on the same page and working towards the same goal.
- End-to-end process - I can create, mix and master my work to a high standard - the music on this page was performed, produced and engineered entirely by me. Of course if you need me to work with other audio professionals I can do that too.
- Clear communication - We'll communicate regularly through email or Skype so you're always in the loop.
Let's talk about it!
I always love hearing about people's creative projects, and I'd love to demo some ideas for yours. Whether you're ready to hire a composer, you need to know more, or you'd just like to make contact, you can send me a quick message using this form or email me at .